Monday, March 9, 2009

Day #17 - Love Promotes Intimacy

Well, to be honest. I am all or nothing in this arena. I can be a great listener or I can sit there and think the whole time he talks about what I will say next. I was really convicted by this from our bible study this week. I do not see myself as an active listener,just a listener. I like to debate, in a healthy way. I love communication and to learn all angles of a topic that we are discussing. I love to be a student and then teach what I learn! I know that Andy would be happy from time to time if I would just listen and hear his heart, that is it! Not add my little thought or my feeling about what he said.

I do have to say that I have grown miles and miles in the past 11yrs in this. I would slam him in most conversations for about 8-9yr. I have learned to listen alot better. I have not "slammed" Andy in a long time, since I realized that it is all about my selfish desire when I do that anyways.

What I have learned today is that I need to hear Andy and not look into what he is saying. Because he is a man, he normally means just what he says...Unlike women who speak in code alot of times =) We had our first good talk, last night, in 3 weeks. It was hard because I did not agree with Andy but we really made it through the conversation and we were able to hear our hearts in the end. It was good. I hate when life gets to busy and we put one another aside, it hurts...I need to grow up and put Andy first on my list again!

No comments: