Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day 18 - Love Seeks to Understand

We finally got a date night! Since Andy's mom passed away a month ago, life has been hard. We have bee busy trying to catch up from being gone 9 days and each of us have been dealing with our emotions in different ways. I have been sick but planned a date night anyways!

When we have a date, it's always enjoyable and peaceful. We talk but we do not normally try to learn something NEW about one another, so this was fun! I brought a list of fun questions to talk about. I would ask him a question and learn something new about Andy's dreams, passions or his past. The biggest thing that I heard was Andy's level of contentment with his life. One question was, If you could change places with anyone in your sphere of influence, who would it be and why? Well, he said no one. He said he loves where he's at and no one he knows has a better life than him!!! He does not envy another persons family or things more than what we have. This was just such a gift to hear because like many other people, we have taken a huge hit with this economy and life is hard financially, he just lost his mom, and we have been through so much pain in our marriage... It was just so comforting to hear that he would not change any of it. He would not even make it easier! I respect my husband even more just knowing all this and I would have never known if I did not ASK!!

I will continue this journey! It was so fun! We laughed so hard about each of our answers at times but most of all we talked about so many new things, we just don't do this very often, so it was a treat! I plan on getting a fun book of questions and will take it on some date nights and maybe just bring it out instead of watching TV some nights, it sure was fun to learn new things about my husband who I have known for 14 years!

No comments: