Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 19 - Love is Impossible

I am secure in my relationship with the Lord! I had messed up my life in such a horrible way that I knew my only way to sanity was through him! Each time I choose to step aside and do it my way, it seems like everything goes wrong. For me, I accepted Christ on the worst day of my life but isn't amazing that God changed that day for his glory! He made it all about him instead of that destructive day being all about me and how bad I messed up my life.

I know that I still need strength and grace in a huge way with the challenge of day 6 - Love is Not Irritable. I struggle with my mood at times. If I feel out of control in any area of my life my tendency is to "control" everything else. It hurts everyone around me and gets me into a mess each time. My biggest struggle is that Andy is still smoking. His addiction is so strong and I can't imagine what he goes through daily with his conviction to stop. I know he desire is to stop but it has not happened in the past 2 yr since his heart attack. My struggle is making it about me. I know that I make a conscience choice to get worked up and then be short with him. I allow myself to go down a destructive path an think about what it will be like to be a single mom since I feel he will die so young and leave me alone with OUR children. Those actions and reaction do nothing good for me though. I know that if I were to take it to the Lord in prayer and plead with God that He will hear me and he will give Andy the strength some day. This is my largest lesson in control or maybe 2nd. Once I gave up controlling Andy's drinking he became sober, so I am really working on releasing this too~

This verse has changed our marriage and I just love both versions! This is my prayer today....That I will put my words aside and show Andy my love and adoration with my actions! So hard, I love to communicate....I have to learn that words don't need to communicate everything though!!!

1 Peter 3: 1-2 (New International Version)

1Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2when they see the purity and reverence of your lives.

1 Peter 3: 1-2 (New Living Translation)

Wives 1 In the same way, you wives must accept the authority of your husbands. Then, even if some refuse to obey the Good News, your godly lives will speak to them without any words. They will be won over 2 by observing your pure and reverent lives.

No comments: