Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day #15 - Love is Honorable - Nicole

I know that Andy loves when I seek his input about any situation. The other night I had a situation that I needed his guidance on. I asked for his advice and wisdom about a big decision that was brought to me. We were able to talk and he was able to shed a LARGE light on the situation. He opened my eyes and helped me to see the next steps that I need to take. It was so enjoyable to "talk" together. I do love when he is sharing his wise words with me. That is a way I can honor him more, bringing him into my world and allowing him to speak into it.

I struggle with independence and making quick decisions. I have a great group of women in my life that I am able to seek advice from. They are godly women and I trust them with my life. I am blessed to have these new friendships with these women but I can tend to rely on them vs Andy at times. If I disagree with their idea it's no big deal if I make a different choice. If I disagree with Andy I don't want him to think I am stepping over him if I do not go with his idea.

So, I know that I can honor Andy by seeking his wisdom or advice more often. I can seek his guidance, even on the little things. I know it will bring us closer and help me to be ONE with my husband! It will be a great example to our children too... So, once again, I have a bit of work ahead of me! I am excited to see what will happen! I love to seek out what the bible says, ask my mentor to guide me or even call a friend but I need to change up that order for some decisions!

I know I have not been the most regular with my "Dares" but every time I do them I really have an opportunity to search my heart and relationships...not only with God and Andy but all those who are in my life! It just brings me to a place of gratefulness for all the incredible people God has brought into my life!

No comments: