Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Day #2 - Love is Kind - Andy

Love does not just happen, it's a choice! It takes a lot of hard work but the return is greater than I can imagine. Although the return is not always what I think it should be. God knows what I need and what is right for me at that time, it;s my choice to accept it.

I took the dare in a way that I knew Nicole would love, Making Dinner & Cleaning!! Last night, I marinated some ribs then tonight Barbecued the ribs & made 2 sides. We had great family talk at the dinner table with our kids, we even got to celebrate our oldest son bringing up 2 grades! It was such a peaceful nice meal. When we were done, I enlisted the boys to help clear the table & I did the dishes. As I was going to load the dishwasher I noticed that it really needed some cleaning on the interior, so I took about an hour to get the hard water out of it. I had no clue that job would be so hard!!! But what I did not know is that Nicole's Dare was to follow, a Back Massage!!! That was more than needed after I spent the day in the attic at my clients house!

Kindness is me being patient, understanding and putting my needs aside. It is putting my families needs before mine.

No comments: