Monday, December 1, 2008

Day #1 - Love is Patient - Nicole

Today was good but I hardly saw Andy. We both worked all day then I had to attend class tonight. So, being patient was easy today!

But it's not easy everyday. I struggle with control so being patient is not the norm for me. I have to think before I say and do most everything. I have to make a conscience effort not to manipulate situations to go my way so it "looks" like I am being patient. Being patient to me means that I have to put Andy's needs and interests above mine. I need to allow him to be human and love him even when I don't agree with a behavior/decision, just as Christ does for me!

Patience also means that I need to look inside me and check if I have a true need/feeling or if I am looking to fill a selfish desire. I am learning to choose the right time and place to talk to Andy when I have needs/feelings that I would like to share or process. If I am running low on patience I normally know that there is another feeling that needs to be revealed. I search my heart for what feelings are hurting then see what the root cause may be. Most of the time I have something going on in my heart that needs a little TLC. I am thankful that God has enough patience with me to give me TLC every time I need it!

3 comments:

Mark said...

Hi There

Nancy and I will start tomorrow.

I would have failed today. Does that mean you can go on anyway to day two or you must retry the day until you pass?

We are on our 28th year of daring each other. 3 children 15 19 21

Love to you all Mark

Andy and Nicole Asmus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andy and Nicole Asmus said...

Hi Mark!
We would try to start with Day 1. Each day is based on the next, kind of like building a house, you don't want to miss a step! We are so excited to have you join us. Please share with us your expereinces so we can learn from you both too! It's great to see another couple love their marriage enough to take this 40 Day Love Dare!
Grace & Peace~
Nicole