Friday, January 2, 2009

Day #6 - Love is Not Irritable - Andy

My schedule is not my problem but in each situation that arises. I had struggled with anger in the past and have had to learn some new ways to react or just not too. When I feel like I am getting irritated with Nicole or the kids the first thing I do is take it to God. I have to ask him to tame my attitude and reactions. I have to see if I have played a part in the "issue" and stay focused on my part and not what is going to change her. I have prayed in the past for Nicole's mentor to come along side her to help understand me and that has been great~

I am more irritable with the children when they will not obey. I tend to get upset and then yell when all has hit the fan. At the moment I feel like I am helping to control the situation but that only adds fuel to the fire. It hurts the kids and just piles another wound onto them. Yelling had nothing to do with teaching and correcting them, that is what I need to do at that time. So once again, before I hit the irritated button I have to plead with God for direction and "breathing room" or margin as the book called it.

No comments: